Wednesday, July 2, 2014

On our way home!



Ashley, Paige, Wayne and Sarah on a hilltop in Murundi

From Sarah:

This trip has been a blessing and a challenge.  Visiting the school in Remera for a whole week, we were able to develop (nonverbal) relationships with the kids through games and playing.  The kids are so receptive to love, and it was such a blessing to give it to them freely.  The Lord definitely put several particular students on my heart, and they will not be easily forgotten.  I was also able to meet the student that Dusty and I sponsor, which is a unique opportunity that not everyone gets to do.  The Lord also used this trip to challenge me-we take so many things for granted in the United States: washer/dryer, warm water that runs when you turn on the tap, general cleanliness, free and quality education.  As a teacher, I see how SPOILED we are in America with the resources and technology available to us.  I pray the Lord keeps this realization on my heart as I continue to teach next year.  I am eager to come back again next year and look forward to hugging those kids all over again.



From Ashley: 

This was my very first trip out of the States and it was wonderful to see God’s work.  Everywhere I went it was simply amazing.  I’m so very excited that He allowed me to partake in such a mission as this. The kids won my heart and I hope God has it in His will for me to return every year.


From Paige:

One day I will live in Rwanda. I am pressed for time writing this but I do have a blog. The link is paigenotbethany.tumblr.com. I have written about my thoughts throughout my time here and what it was the Lord showed me. In brief he showed me that what I am here for on this earth is much bigger than myself.



From Wayne:

Each time I return to Rwanda I am amazed at the growth in the country.  More people, more buildings, more improvements which are all signs of stability in the country.  But it also means there are more needs like education, healthcare and employment.  The first time I was in Rwanda in 2003, I asked God what I could do for these people.  His answer to me was simple they need to know Jesus and the eternal life He provided through His death and resurrection.  The team did well as we focused on training youth and pastors.  As always, the Rwandan people fell in love with the team and want them to come back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment